Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dagon part 1

The first of two images based on the story Dagon, by HP Lovecraft. This is something of what I ended up with when imagining the beginning of the story when the character wakes to see this bizarre landscape stretching out before him; hopefully it gives a feeling of peril along with one of mystery.

I didn't add the various dead sea creatures to this image that were in the start of the actual story, partly because I felt it would clutter the effect and mood of the image, and partly because it would seem a little more surrealistic than I'd probably want from it. Then again this particular image from the story is so evocative that in fact it's only a work in progress, so I may go back and add the beaches fishies when I come back around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment