Sunday, March 30, 2014

William Channing Webb and The Strange High House in the Mist

This was the first "serious" painting I did on my new Ipad 3, as I had to spend the better part of two days tweaking the brushes on the Ipad app, Procreate, to replicate the same brushe I use normally in Photoshop. As think, with this painting an example, that my tweaking has paid off, though I'm not entirely satisfied, though the primary difference between brushes is that Procreate uses somewhat different brush dynamics than Photoshop.

I knew, before I'd really even fully compiled my list of Lovecraftian paintings to create, that this would be the easiest painting to render, which turned out in the process of painting it to be absolutely correct, as it only took about an hour to paint!


William Channing Webb. Part of a series of illustrations of the four character threads from The Call of Cthulhu, which both the late Professor Angell and his equally late nephew uncover. This was the second serious painting I did on the Ipad in Procreate and took under two hours to paint from start to finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment