Friday, April 25, 2014

Keziah Mason and Polynesian Dagonites

For those few souls who are kind enough to follow this blog, I apologize for having not posted anything here for two weeks (it's felt like months), as I've been tied up with commission work, as well as things outside of art and Lovecraft. I'll try to make a schedule of posting at least sketches every couple of days. 


Of all of Lovecraft's stories only Dreams in the Witch House (and possibly The Thing on the Doorstep, though in a quite different way...) genuinely disturbs me. It's a shame it as a story is almost entirely overlooked by Lovecraftian scholars. 


This is a painting that I've been working on off and on for the past two weeks, but which I've thought about rendering for a long while. Not something for the artbook, but (to me) an interesting concept all the same. Painted and edited entirely on the iPad 3 on Procreate and PicEditor, using the Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus. 


2 comments: